Skip to main content

Cauliflower Buffalo Chicken Casserole


I stumbled onto this yummy bowl of deliciousness by accident.  One day after a party, I had some left over buffalo chicken dip.  I decided that I should do something with the remaining dip as I was afraid no one would eat it.  I had made riced cauliflower for lunch the day of the party.  This combination was created with the thought that, hey both are good apart from each other, they have to be amazing together.  This is a dish that I will continue to make for my family for years ahead.

It is also Trim Healthy Mama Friendly.  It is considered an “S” atisfying meal.  I ran the numbers; it has 13g fat and 7g carbs.  I think that it could be made lower if using a fat-free cheddar cheese.  I hope that you all enjoy this.

Cauliflower Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Serves 10
(2) 10 oz bags frozen cauliflower
(1/2) Stick Butter
(1/2) Cup Sour Cream
(1) 8 oz bag Cheddar Cheese
(1) 10 oz can chicken
(1) 8 oz Cream Cheese, No fat or low fat
(1/2) Cup Franks Hot Sauce
(1/2) Ranch Dressing Packet
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare cauliflower according to the directions on the package.  Meanwhile, combine sour cream, ranch dressing packet and frank’s hot sauce in a bowl.  Combine butter, cream cheese and chicken in a saucepan and cook over medium low heat until well combined.  Pour the drained cauliflower in a 13 X 9 pan.  (Optional: with a potato masher, lightly mash the cauliflower.  Cauliflower can be left unmashed.)  I combine the sauce ingredients with the cauliflower and the cooked chicken mixture in the 13 X 9 pan, add desired salt and pepper to personally preference.  Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake in oven 15 minutes until cheese is melted on top.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luscious Lemon Pudding Tart

I have always had a huge love for lemon and sweets.  Since I started Trim Healthy Mama, I have hesitated to eat a lot of dessert type foods because I know that eating sweets was something that I always enjoyed.  I, however, have been craving something with lemon as of late.  I searched and searched trying to find something that already existed, but nothing seemed just what I was looking for.  I ran ran across a recipe for a lemon poppy seed muffin by  Rohnda Sue  that gave me great inspiration.  I experimented with different sugar types and flour ratios hoping to come up with a bit of a dryer crumbly crust, similar to a graham cracker to no avail, then one particular time, this happened.  I believe this is due in part to the Xylitol, because other times this worked out just fine like a muffin should. The centers of the muffin sunk and I had a light bulb moment. The birth of the lemon tart, verified by Trim Healthy Mama trained folks as a Heavy S,  came together.  I remembered h

Candy, Candy and More Candy

When I began to ponder the idea of starting a blog to document my new lifestyle journey, the first dilemma I was faced with was how to title my blog.  When I look back over the ups and downs of my roller coaster weight loss and weight gain, I thought long and hard about what exactly it was that got me to where I am.  I also thought about what other people might find as interesting topics to read about.  So for myself, I know that there are many contributing factors that have been a source of my weight gain. Most of those factors where formed from habits that I have continued to feed throughout most of my life, childhood and adulthood. Thus the "Habitual" part of my blog name was formed. There are many habits that a person develops throughout their life time.  Some good, some maybe not so good.  I looked up the definition of habit in the trusty old Merrium-Webster Dictionary, this is what I found. 1 hab·it   noun   \ ˈ ha-bət\ : a usual way of behaving : somethin

Faces from Within

I have battled my weight since the birth of my first stubborn child, Megan, who is now 19.  Through the years, I have jumped on the bandwagon of many lifestyle diet plans. For me most have been successful for a short while and then I feel off of the bandwagon.  As you can see from the photos on the left, I have been up and down with my weight most of my life.  Recently with this new change in my lifestyle, I have a certain motivation to give my body an overhaul.  I want to be healthier and more physically fit. For years I have abused my body my spiraling up and down in my weight. My motivation is the fact that I have come to the realization that according to Psalms 139:14; I was fearfully and  wonderfully made. Now, I knew this before but the Sunday and decided to make some changes to my lifestyle, this verse struck me. “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple